Austin Waldorf Admissions Process
Thank you for your interest in the Austin Waldorf School. To fully appreciate the school, plan to visit our peaceful 19 acre campus which is nestled in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, yet only minutes from downtown Austin. We have an exciting calendar of events; join us for a visitor morning, enjoy the class plays and performances, attend one of our many adult education events, or bring the family to one of our festivals or events. You are always welcome, and I look forward to meeting you!
Kim DeVittorio, Director of Enrollment
Steps to apply for an Austin Waldorf Education
- Initial Application: The first step in the admissions process is to attend a visitor morning. Visitor mornings are scheduled monthly October through February. At the close of the visitor morning, applications are made available. The application deadline for fall admissions is February 1st, 2018.
- Application Review: In March we select an applicant pool to interview for the available spaces. The Austin Waldorf School has a rolling admissions policy. We accept applications throughout the year for consideration when space becomes available.
- Admissions Interview: Once a candidate has been selected, the parents will be contacted to schedule an interview with the appropriate teacher.
- Student Admissions Visit: Subsequent to the admissions interview, the student being considered may be invited to spend one to three days visiting in the appropriate class.
- Notification of Acceptance: Parents are notified of the admission decision within one week of the classroom visit.
Return of enrollment forms and payment of registration fee finalizes enrollment.
All enrollment inquiries should be submitted by email to: Kim DeVittorio, Director of Enrollment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Living with the Young Child: The First Four Years and Beyond
Presented by: Carol Toole
This workshop is for adults only, though nursing infants (not yet crawling) are welcome. It is highly recommended for parents interested in Waldorf education for their child’s school years, or anyone who wishes to understand the nature of childhood.
This workshop will be held over three Saturday mornings (2/9, 2/16, and 2/23/2019). Registration and payment is due by February 2nd, 2019. Class fills quickly!